lunes, 29 de junio de 2015

Reflection about Web 2.0 tools


UNIVERSIDAD AUTÓNOMA DEL ESTADO DE MÉXICO

FACULTAD DE LENGUAS

B.A. in language, major in English teaching.

Activity 2.3: Reflection about Web 2.0 tools

by Lizeth Gama Villegas

29th June, 2015
 
Personally I will choose Text2Mindmap, because while I was working in this site I realized it is a good online tool to create mind maps in an easy and ordered way. It allows the surfer be creative in how he or she want create his/her mind map. Despite it is the first time I had worked with it in this class I really liked the platform.

Another positive advantage of this site is that one same project could be modified for one or more participants, so you can ask students to do an only one mind map among all the classmates in order to agree in one concept of a topic and add relevant information if they think it is necessary. When the activity has finished and all students have participated that topic will be understood and concepts will be clear because students will do it with their own words.

However, is it important teach them what a mind map is, its characteristics in order to avoid they put a lot of information on it because this in this tool you can attach as many information as you want such as links to other pages, images, documents, etc.

At the beginning it was difficult for me to use this site, I did not know even it exist but when I was learning to use it, I regret not to know about it, because if I had known before it exist, I would have saved lots of hours doing a mind map in Microsoft Word.

I know I need to learn better how to use it to take advantage of all benefits it offers us. But from my point of view, it is a good tool and I will recommend it to other teachers. It is funny, creative and makes your mind maps public to be useful for other people.
 References

Scapin, R. (2013, August 3). Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers. Retrieved June 29, 2015, from http://es.slideshare.net/SERGENM/WEB-20-TOOLS-FOR-TEACHERS-24891479?QID=F41A3970-78A2-43C0-A3DC-D7A28D84852B&V=QF1&B=&FROM_SEARCH=8
   

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario